Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Love the movies; bugs in my food, not so much.


Katie and I went to see "Date Night", late Friday afternoon.  I just love being able to spend time with her at a moment's notice!  It was a good, funny movie and we give it two thumbs up!


After the movie, we did some shopping.  It's a requirement when you have a coupon for $20.00 off on a $50.00 purchase!  We were quite successful (maybe too much) in reaching that $50.00 total!  Katie is a quick shopper while I tend to wander around the store for a long time but she's very patient with me.



Katie wanted to eat at The Frosty Freeze in Midland, KY (just a hop, skip & jump from here).  My stomach was a bit upset but I knew I had to eat something so I ordered one of their famous cheeseburgers.  The first half of it was delicious but then as I looked down on my plate there was a nasty bug, dead as can be, on his back right next to what was left of my burger.  OMG!  I looked at it again - was it a fly?  What the hell was it?  


I pointed it out to Katie... Ewww.  She grabbed my plate and headed to the counter. The waitress was horrified and dashed in the back with the plate in her hand (otherwise known as getting rid of evidence!).  If I had been thinking I would have taken a photo of it to share with everyone.


Both of our appetites had vanished so we gathered our belongings and headed back to the counter.  The waitress/cook came out and said, "I don't know where that came from and I am so sorry.  It's on the house."  Both meals and drinks on the house, dead bug included! Good grief. We give this diner two thumbs down.  Despite the dead bug, it was a great day!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I am always the recipient of bugs and hair in my food when we go out. Someday I will tell you my chicken toenail story. It is why I will never ever set foot in Zio's Italian again.

Alison said...

Gross! I'm glad the movie was good! I would have lost it if I would have been with you all at the Frosty Freeze! Just don't ever find anything at Pasquales, ok?! Love you!